Hey guys – the weekend was a busy time and I completely forgot about writing daily! I know, I know, I’m a bad person. I’ll make it up, at least.
I may have mentioned in previous posts (too lazy to check), but I’m currently participating in a weekly community service adventure to Habitat for Humanity. That’s right, once a week, I help out in rehabilitating houses. My father’s a roofer and general remodeling / construction man who owns his own business, so I have some experience. Needless to say, not used to the work, my muscles were crying out by the end of the 6 hour drywalling stint on Saturday. Nevertheless, if I ignore the twinging of my shoulders and the tingling in my fingers, I can keep typing!
I had a very interesting experience on Friday night regarding night time energies and speaking to the spirits. Now, I am the first one to call someone crazy in my mind if they spout too much ‘faeries’ and ‘bad spirits’ at me. And so, today, I will tell you my philosophy. And tomorrow, my experience.
Consider this. You walk by thousands of people every day (exaggerating, but let’s just say: many). Of these, how many notice you? How many actually care about what you are doing? Chances are, most of them are just trying to get through their lives – like you. And so, we can detract from this the following:
- The majority of people in the physical realm don’t give a shit about you.
THEREFORE LET US ASSUME THAT
- The majority of entities in the astral realm don’t give a shit about you.
Alright, let’s continue. Let’s say you’re walking down the street, and you see someone drop their wallet. There are a few options:
- Do nothing
- Retrieve their wallet and chase after them to return it
- Retrieve their wallet and keep it for yourself
- Run screaming at them and kick them in the face
Most likely, if you’re a decent creature, you will do one of the first two. Hopefully the second. Now, if you drop your wallet, and someone sees it, lets hope that they will do the same. From this, we may assume several things:
- People in the physical realms tend to ignore each other, or help when needed
THEREFORE LET US ASSUME THAT
- Entities in the astral realm will either ignore you, or try to help in a situation
- If the entity tries to hurt you, much like a person running screaming at you to kick you in the face, it will be a rare event.
Now, if you’re poking them with sticks or upsetting their environment, that’s an entirely different story. That is why in all things, we are supposed to act respectfully. You know…
- Merry meet and merry part; bright the cheeks and warm the heart
- Mind the threefold law you should, three times bad and three times good
- Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill; and it harm none, do what ye will
Now, with that out of the way, (we’ll touch on group hysteria at a later time, I’m sure) let us evaluate briefly the benefits of interactions with forces which we cannot physically see.
- Reality is of utmost importance. Let us assume that, regardless of your belief in another’s story, it is their belief that matters – and so, the experience is meaningful, regardless if they are talking to themselves in their heads or something does exist in a world external from their own.
- From the skeptic point of view, these interactions with the self foster creativity and perhaps identify truths to that person about themselves previously unknown.
- From the spiritualist point of view, these interactions confirm a code of chivalry when dealing with other beings, and allow the person to bring home spiritual lessons and knowledge which they may then apply to their everyday life.
Continuing on…it seems at this point, I have 650 words and should probably save my experience of the weekend for another time. Stay tuned!